« Home | Welcome to Tree of Liberty » 

Monday, March 21, 2005 

Homeless People

I observe every morning and during my day. Homeless or should I say apperant homeless people on the street or side of the road begging for money and handouts. Once I went to McDonalds and bought this guy lunch, I took it to him and he was insulted by the fact he was getting a free lunch. The bum wanted only money.
This is when I started to take note of how these people dress and smell. Two very big factors in determining who is really homelss and who is pretending to be. Now several of these people wear shoes I cant afford and I work 50 plus hours a week in one job and another 20 a week at a second job. Air Jordans or what ever they arew called I cant afford nor can I afford a great pair of redwing boots...mine are the 35$ boots from Wal Mart.

Now smell is a big thing if you are homeless.One can not always find a place to be hygenic. So a gruff beard and a little B.O. are a dead give away. Meaning that this person is faking thier plight of bad luck. I can smell just as bad after a trip to the gym and steam room,plus sometimes I dont like to shave either. There is a differance between wanting to look the part and actually being the part.
Guess all I am sayinig is think twice before you let your heart bleed for some of these panhandlers you see on the street ....some driver a nicer car then you will ever afford.