« Home | Who Does our Tax Money Support » | More Thoughts » | Our Worst Fears » | Terrorism Update » | A scary thought » | Communists don't get it do they » | Double Standard for sure » | Another forgotten Hero » | Biogated, Racist, and Sexist » | El Plan de Aztlan ? MEChA lies » 

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 

Bill Maher

The self proclaimed progresive liberal thinker Bill "I love America" Maher has shown his contempt once again for the outstanding men and women in uniform. We should all recall how much Bill was impressed and respectful of the 9/11 highjackers and murders, as he called them brave people. His comment on the stupidity of attacking the Taliban in Afganistan, but now Bill talks about the average man and woman in the military with a smug comment that shows how he thinks he is so much superior to them.
"More people joined the Michael Jackson fan club," Maher said. "We've done picked all the low-lying Lynndie England (search) fruit, and now we need warm bodies."
Joined the Michael jackson Fan club? What absurd statement is this. Compareing those who bravely wake every morning to defend his right to be stupid with those sick individuals who support a pedifile. Then sugesting that everyone in uniform is like the "bad apple" Lynndie England. An absurdity to say the least. A untruth and flat out nonsense statement made in hopes of getting a few laughs from his better than thou group of fans, (who by the way mostly comprise of left leaning anti military/American buttheads).


What really gets me is that he marches around claiming he is a supporter of the troops but against the war.
In a statement released Monday night, Maher defended his support for the American armed forces.
"Anyone who knows anything about my views and has watched my show knows that I have nothing but the highest regard for the men and women serving this country around the world," Maher said.
I find this statement a bold faced lie , I would assert that if it were said " I support the police but I am not going to stop when the tell me to" to be in the same mind set. A statement that makes no intelligent thought.

Bill I have seen your show and you are not a supporter oif the men and women in uniform at all. You take every oppertunity to degrade them and try to down play any good thing they do. I want to know have you ever been in the military? Have you ever done a USO show to actually entertain someone? Besdies riding around in your expensive car through the mountains of California have you ever put a 40 pound alice pak on and marched up and down the hillsides you look at? Or better yet when was the last time you slept in a shelter half (a military tent for two men, each man carries half of it .. ie: shelter half) on a cold winter night near the DMZ (demilitarized zone) in South Korea? What third world nation have you been to to aid those who suffer? Have you ever pulled an injured civilian out of building rubble or a swollen stream. Taking food in by chopper to those who have been decimated by a natural disaster? I have and have two humanitarian awards for this Bill. I have spent time in third world nations bringing aid to those in need . As a fromer active duty Marine I spent time with men and women in the military and I can testify on a stack of Bibles or what every you liberals progressive thinkers need as to the ability , high morals and standards , and the flat out patriotism of these fine men and women in uniform you so relish in poking fun at.
I won't go as far as Rep. Spencer Bachus (search), R-Ala., who says "I think it borders on treason," Bachus said. "In treason, one definition is to undermine the effort or national security of our country. I don't want [Maher] prosecuted," Bachus said. "I want him off the air."
I definately do not support anything that Bill Maher says but I defend hios right to be stupid. I just refuse to watch or listen to him. My remote works and I feel the best thing we can do to show our disgust for his antimilitary speech is to cut his ratings off. Hit him in the pocket book like the Dixie Chicks were shown. You can say and express your ideas and hate filled retoric but we will hold you responsible for its content. Freedom of speech also carries responsibilities.

About me

  • I'm Devious Mind
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Good judgemnt comes from experiance. Experiance comes from bad judgement. Karma, its a bitch.
My profile
Powered by Blogger