« Home | Who is really Tolerant » | Another look at Boader problems » | Talk Radio » | More on the Boarder » | Letters to the Editor » | Cost of Illegals » | China Again I warn you » | Viva La Minutemen » | Democratic Underground? » | Who Rules the Streets » 

Friday, April 08, 2005 

Diversity???????

Give me your poor, your tired , your huddled masses ........WHY?
Once upon a time , actually not to long ago in the big picture there was a country that wanted and accepted immigrants with open arms. This country grew from their contributions. The Chinese and the Irish built a great railroad system that ran from coast to coast. Blacks invented great things to help modernism work. Hispanics helped fight for freedom from a tyrannical government .( In case you do not know history I am speaking of the united states...The continental railroad, the independence of Texas, Ely Whitney and the Cotton Gyn as well as peanut butter).

This great country was a melting pot literally of movers and shakers. People who came TOGETHER in order to build a nation. These hard working soles made a country that fought fascism, tyranny, imperialism, oppression , gave/gives relief to those around the world in need.
However we no longer are a melting pot where different cultures come together and merge. Instead it is diversity that is celebrated, encouraged and exploited. Go downtown in your lovely city, what will you see. Little Havanas,Little Saigon, China towns, cultures within a culture. It is sooooo frustrating to be an American and have to learn another language just to go to Mc Donalds and order a hamburger. This is America we do speak English here you know. There is nothing wrong with speaking and being fluent in another language. Hell I can pass my language skills off in Japan , the Philippeans , and get by in Germany. Do I go around demanding that I be spoke to in English when in their countries? No, I try to learn and fit their culture. If I moved there would I demand they cater to me.....Certainly not! That is assine, so why is it that here and now we have to change our ways to fit immigrants. In New York you can take your drivers license test in 57 different languages, California over 40, and in Colorado 27 ( google drivers license tests ). This makes no sense since road signs are in English shouldn't the test be in the same language as the road signs? I see us having to make huge obnoxious signs in multiple languages soon to accomadate multiculturalism and diversity.
I am tired of placing a call and being asked in Spanish before English what I want or am trying to get help for. If I were south of the boarder I understand and would seek help. But by goodness this is America I shouldn't have to seek help when calling the phone company and getting an interpretator to say my phone is out of order again...(Qwest really sucks).
So what do we do? How is this problem solved............... I say learn English damnit!

About me

  • I'm Devious Mind
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Good judgemnt comes from experiance. Experiance comes from bad judgement. Karma, its a bitch.
My profile
Powered by Blogger