« Home | Just wanted to be Popular » | One way to take care of Spam » | Hypocracy in Action » | A Democrat sinks to a new low » | Increase in Crime and the Illegal Immigrant connec... » | Observations on the Economy » | Muslim Truth be told » | The Morons come out of the Woodwork » | NYC begins searches » | Three Cheers For England » 

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 

Jane the Pain

When will some people realize not to bring up the past or to keep their mouths shut. Internationally disgraceing herself as an American back in 1972 Jane Fonda is at it again.

Jul 25, 9:04 AM (ET)


(AP) Jane Fonda poses for a portrait at the Four Seasons Hotel Sunday, April 10, 2005, in Los Angeles....
Full Image


SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - Actress and activist Jane Fonda says she intends to take a cross-country bus tour to call for an end to U.S. military operations in Iraq.

"I can't go into any detail except to say that it's going to be pretty exciting," she said.

Fonda said her anti-war tour in March will use a bus that runs on "vegetable oil." She will be joined by families of Iraq war veterans and her daughter.

They plan to return to the Santa Fe area, where she was promoting her book, "My Life So Far" on Saturday.

Prompted by a question from the audience, Fonda said war veterans that she has met on a nationwide book tour have encouraged her to break her silence on the Iraq war.

"I've decided I'm coming out," she said.

Hundreds of people in the audience cheered loudly when Fonda announced her intentions to join the anti-Iraq war movement.

"I have not taken a stand on any war since Vietnam," she said. "I carry a lot of baggage from that."

Fonda incited controversy in July 1972 when she was photographed sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun while on a tour of the country to drum up support to end the war.


[ I HAVE A LOT OF BAGGAGE? DUUUUH!!!!! NOT ONLY A LOT OF BAGGAGE BUT MANY APOLOGISES LEFT UNSAID. I HAVE SERIOUSE DOUBTS OF MILITARY FAMILIES FLOCKING TO HER AND ASKING HER TO LEAD THE ANTI WAR PROTEST, IN FACT I SUSPECT MORE OF ANTI MILITARY FAMILIES AND ACTIVISTS WHO SYMPATHISE WITH TERRORISM ARE BEHIND THIS.]

About me

  • I'm Devious Mind
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Good judgemnt comes from experiance. Experiance comes from bad judgement. Karma, its a bitch.
My profile
Powered by Blogger