« Home | NYC begins searches » | Three Cheers For England » | Citizen Auxiliary » | What was the real temperature? » | A fish story to talk about » | Tancredo hits a homer » | More Saber Ratteling » | Mexican Blackmail » | San Francisco goes to far » | The Breakfast Club » 

Friday, July 22, 2005 

The Morons come out of the Woodwork

Related to the new search procedures inacted by the NYPD, leftist activist groups and those who lack common sense make the following statements:

NYers to NYPD: 'I Do Not Consent to Being Searched'

by Chisun Lee
July 21st, 2005 6:36 PM

Reacting to the NYPD's announcement Thursday afternoon that police would randomly—but routinely—search the bags of commuters, one concerned New Yorker quickly created a way for civil libertarians to make their views black-and-white.
In a few outraged moments, local immigrant rights activist Tony Lu designed t-shirts bearing the text, "i do not consent to being searched." The minimalist protest-wear can be purchased here, in various styles and sizes. (Lu will not get a cut. The shirts' manufacture, sale, and shipment, will be handled by the online retailer. Lu encourages budget-conscious New Yorkers to make their own and wear them everywhere.)

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly had announced the legally obvious—that New Yorkers are free to decline a search and "turn around and leave." But Lu, who is a lawyer at Urban Justice Center, warned that even well-intentioned cops could interpret people's natural nervousness or anger as "reasonable suspicion." The possibility of unjustified interrogation and even arrest is real, Lu said.

Although police promised they would not engage in racial profiling, Lu said that, as with all street-level policing, people of color and poor immigrants would be particularly vulnerable, especially if encounters lead to arrests.

SO AFRAID OF POSSIBLEY HURTING THE FEELINGS OF A FEW THE LIBERALS INTELLECTUAL ELITE CLAIM THAT THIS IS A HUGE INFINGMENT OF THE 4TH ADMENDMENT. THE RIGHT AGAINST ILLEGAL SEARCHES AND SIEZURES. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE CASE IN REALITY.MORE A DEFENSIVE ARGUMENT TO HIDE SOME ILLEGAL ACTIVITY THEY ARE MORE THEN LIKELY INVOLVED IN. IF A PERSON IS IN PUBLIC AND ACTING FUNNY OR BRINGS ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES IT IS NOT ONLY THE DUTY BUT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF POLICE AND THE AVERAGE CITIZEN TO SAY SOMETHING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE POSSIBLE THREAT TO INNOCENTS.NOW WHAT A PERSON DOES IN THE PRIVACY OF THEIR OWN HOME IS DEBATABLE, WHAT THEY DO IN PUBLIC IS DIFFERENT. THIS IS WHY WE HAVE MORALS AND CERTAIN STANDARDS WE FOLLOW IN A CIVILIZED SOCIETY.

NOW IF THE AUTHORITIES WANT TO STOP ME IN PUBLIC, CHECK MY PERMITS AND ASK ME WHAT I AM UP TO, WELL I MAY NOT TOTALLY LIKE IT I WILL COMPLY. I AM FOR ONE NOT IN FAVOR OF A LARGE INTRUSIVE GOVERNMENT HOWEVER IN THESE TIMES I REALIZE THE NEED FOR CERTAIN IMPOSITIONS UPON MY FREEDOMS. ALL IN THE NAME OF SAFETY.

Civil rights are being erorded by W and his cronies. Illegal wiretape, searches, no-fly lists, even people detained with no due process. Heck they probably picked up this blog and are monitoring it.

I'm glad to see some people like you, brave enough to question their tactics. I believe that today's Republican would have been right at home in Nazi Germany. In many respects The Patriot Act and other changes are moving us in that direction.

I thankyou for taking the time to read my blog Tux. Unfortunitly I think you took my diatribe the wrong way. Although I do not totally agree with some of the new policies that are now inplace or trying to be set upon us. I do see the need for them. As to compare todays republicans to Nazis, well I find this to be insulting and absurd. Republicans are not rounding up ethnic groups off the street and then disposing of them in oversized ovens. Nor are they conducting medical experiments on them.
I may not like being stopped or searched, but I do not have anything to hide nor am I afraid of such a search for I do obey the law. Only those who are breaking the law should be afraid of this as it means their chances of getting caught are better.
Again I thank you for expressing your opinion and invite you back anytime to read and comment on this blog

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Devious Mind
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Good judgemnt comes from experiance. Experiance comes from bad judgement. Karma, its a bitch.
My profile
Powered by Blogger