« Home | CEO's, CFO's to blame? » | The Economy, crash, burn , yadda, yadda, yadda. » | Obama driving, Biden under, and Hillary at the nex... » | Yes Whoopi, you are a slave. » | Still waiting an answer » | Show to watch » | Insight to a liberal mind,scary! » | Is Chalie Gibson an idiot? » | Obama's apology, NOPE! » | Russell Brand, funny? NOT! » 

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 

History and todays Youth

Have you ever stood and tried to argue with a brick wall? Kind of dumb, and does not much of a dialog.

Well i would like to share my observations of today's misguided youth and their take on history, well what they think is history.

The last couple days I have been out and about in Denver on the streets. my purpose, well my job. Hustling up some business prospects and making some money. On the streets of downtown you can not help but be inundated with young idealistic youth out trying to register people for the vote.

Kudos to them for taking an active part in the political process. I recall my generation and that age. Very few were involved, and if they were they were protesting nuclear energy and the bomb., Ronald Reagan and the evil war mongering conservative notion of being an American and proud. (sound familiar, history does repeat)

I couldn't walk even half a block without a young impressionable person asking me if I was registered to vote. Well yes was my answer. But in several cases that was not a good enough answer.

Several wanted to know which party I was registered for and if i wanted to register for change and support the best man for the Presidency. Astonished at this approach I had to ask who that would be.

Well it was really no surprise when I was looked down upon and spoken to as if I had just woken from years in a dram infested coma.

Why Barack Obama, one young man said. He represents and has the experience needed to make this country a leader again.

"A leader again, when was this country not a leader? I asked. I was unaware that we were not a leader in the world.

Now this is where the history gets a bit distorted in this young mans mind. I wonder if he was really as student or had dropped out of school sometime in elementary school.

"This country has not been a leader since we attacked Japan and murdered millions of Japanese. This country has been war mongering ever since we invaded Korea and then continued on into Viet Nam." he tried to lecture me.

At this point I could not help but be intrigued as to what he was trying to tell me. The leap from murder of millions of Japanese to making it sound as if we left Korea and went directly into Viet Nam. He couldn't have said that could he have?

I had to ask the obvious follow up. When did we murder millions of Japanese?

As if I was stupid he looked at me and said, "When we dropped the bomb on them unprovoked in the early fifties at the start of the World War."

At the start, unprovoked, on the fifties. Where did he get his information I wondered. he can't be for real and has be pulling my leg.

I asked him if he heard about a thing called December 7Th, Pearl Harbor, the Bataan death march. Did any of these things ring a bell from any history class he had ever had.

Well according to him Pearl Harbor was after we nuked Japan, the death march is propaganda to inflame a hatred of the oriental race, and that we started the war by secretly making deals with Hitler to divide Europe.

WOW, is this kid a load of conspiracy theories or what.

I had to inquire now as to how he was going to connect Korea and Viet Nam.

Well trying as hard as I could not to bust out laughing. I mean this kid was so sincere in his wrongful belief of history. He informed me that China was trying to put down an ethnic cleansing in Korea when we invaded. Informing me of how we had used LCACs ( the hovering boats the Navy has) to put brainwashed Marines in at a place called Pusan. That if it hadn't been for the Vietnamese sending troops to aid China Korea would now be another oppressed country under American fascism. This is why we sent troops into Viet Nam at a place called the bay of pigs. Named by the Vietnamese for the Americans who landed there.

Standing there totally stunned and almost as confused as this young man obviously was. I gawked at him and then asked "Have you ever read a book on history, or even googled what you just told me?"

"Do you actually believe anything you just told me? You have to be pulling my leg, right?" I asked.

"Its all true, this is what happened and it is so important we do not allow any thing like this to happen again. look we are engaged in an illegal war again and if McCain gets elected we are going to all get drafted for another illegal imperialistic expansion of America." was his retort.

Looking around I was trying to see if anyone else had heard this drivel and impossible interpretation of history. Unfortunately there was no one.

Shaking my head I said to this confused and naive kid. "You have to be kidding me. Your speech is so full of inaccuracies and noncoesive facts it makes no sense at all."

Now we enter a topic that many say is one of my short comings. Tact. I began to inform this young man of historical facts. First I said Pearl harbor was not in retaliation it was what happened on December 7Th and brought this country into the second World War. That is happened almost four years before we dropped a bomb on Japan. Secondly we did not murder millions of Japanese. That having been to the Philippines I have seen first hand the Bataan Death March and what is left of the Fortress at Corrigador.

That the Chinese did not enter into Korea until 52, after we and an international military force was already in country preventing North Korea from taking over South Korea, a country that was divided in two after WWII along the 38Th Parallel

That Viet Nam was not until the sixties and that they never sent troops to Korea. Our first troops did not go to Viet Nam until 62 as observers under John Kennedy's presidency.

Then informing the young man that his LCACs were not in use during the fifties by any military force in the world. That our Navy did not develop and adopt these vehicles until the mid to late 80's.

Staring at me as if I had just spun a Grimm's fairly tail the young man shook his head and said "You are part of the problem. Your brainwashed."

How could I reply to that. The liberal mindset of Denver's youth, like beating your head against a wall. If this is what is out there collecting names to register for this election. I wonder if voter fraud will not be rampant. Even if this kid was pulling my leg, and he had to be. The bias of his beliefs have no place in getting people to vote. A process that should be neutral.

About me

  • I'm Devious Mind
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Good judgemnt comes from experiance. Experiance comes from bad judgement. Karma, its a bitch.
My profile
Powered by Blogger