« Home | More trouble for Obama » | Poll Updates » | Polls coming in, Republicans on the move » | The Power of Words » | Palin scares Steinem » | Fox and Friends Biden update » | Pandering to the left for votes » | Its a HOMER » | Another RINO?? » | The Left, A mirror, and a .45 » 

Monday, September 08, 2008 

Time to remove tax exempt status for Churches

Is it time to remove the tax exempt status for religious organizations as well as Churches? Yes, an emphatic yes!!!!!!

Why, well when a Church or a religious organization moves from preaching the Gospel to telling its members who to vote for and using scare tactics to do so. They should no longer be allowed a free status on taxes. They have moved from a religious organization to a political organization.

In my opinion it is the same thing as going to a concert. I am there to enjoy the music, not the innate ramblings of some blowhard ideological misfit. When I go to church I want to listen about the teachings and what the good book says. I am not interested in the political opinion of a pastor/father/minister who is telling me my taxes need to go up in order to pay for more welfare programs that he is about to hit me up with the donation plate in the next twenty minutes for.

Churches are a place of God. They provide solice, comfort, shelter in times of trouble. If I want to listen to politics on a Sunday morning or a Friday evening then I will stay home and watch the boob tube.

I am not interested in listening to how I need to donate time and money to the church while my pockets are being fleeced by the government. As I leave the Church I do not want to see the Minister get into his New Yorker/Town Car/Cadillac, while I shuffle with my head down to my rusty old truck that belches smoke and starts only if I speak to it in kind words of "your going to the scrap yard."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/07/AR2008090702460_pf.html

Ban on Political Endorsements by Pastors Targeted

If a Pastor/Father/Minister wants to endorse a candidate or a political party that is fine. But he should not be doing it on Church time from the pulpit. He can, as an individual, go out and speak publicly on his political beliefs. Not as a representative of any Church but as a Citizen. Just like the rest of us.

The use of the religious pulpit is not a political forum. If it is going to be used as a political form then it is not eligible for a tax break.

About me

  • I'm Devious Mind
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Good judgemnt comes from experiance. Experiance comes from bad judgement. Karma, its a bitch.
My profile
Powered by Blogger